45 Visual Content Marketing Statistics You Should Know in 2020
With more than 35 million marketers online, there is a huge cluster of contents both relevant and irrelevant surfacing the internet. Beating all these contents and getting noticed in the eyes of your potential consumer is a very difficult task.
With more than 35 million marketers online, there is a huge cluster of contents both relevant and irrelevant surfacing the internet. Beating all these contents and getting noticed in the eyes of your potential consumer is a very difficult task. Producing visually attractive contents can make your potential consumers stop scrolling. Effective visual informative content can also encourage people to come back to purchase your products again and again.
Reaching your potential consumers amongst this cluster is challenging but it is doable. The only possible way to make your content stand out is by creating and optimising the use of visual content on your social media profiles, website and blogs.
Here are a few key visual content statistics that clearly show the importance of visual content to boost user-engagement, brand awareness and improved sales.
VISUAL CONTENT IN MARKETING GENERAL STATISTICS
The excellent high-quality textual content can drive only a certain amount of traffic. In this current market competition, standing out of the crowd is the only way to pull your potential consumers towards your business.
- Posts that use images generate 94% more views compared to those without images.
- 88% of marketers use images in more than half of their published articles.
- Better recall value: Even after 3 days, people can recall up to 65% of the visual content that they see while browsing.
- B2B marketers have started to prioritize the creation of visual content as the key element for their marketing approach.
- There was a 30% rise in the use of visual content among bloggers in the year 2017 – 2018.
- More than 75% of the brands effectively utilise visual content to reach their potential audience in social media platforms.
- Facebook posts with visual contents receive around 40% more engagement than those without images.
- More than 11% of B2C marketers believe that visual content is the most critical of all types of content.
- As of 2020, more than 60% of the brands online, use live videos to interact with their potential consumers.
- A recent study from Magnifyre shows that 29% of the people like to watch a video in 360-degree rather than the traditional format.
- More than 80% of the consumers expect a brand to promote their product using augmented reality.
- Live videos on Facebook have an engagement rate of 4.5% compared to 2.3% for non-live videos.
With these statistics in mind, it is indeed high time for online marketers to revisit their visual content strategy to perform better than their industry competitors.
VISUAL CONTENT IN SOCIAL MEDIA STATISTICS
With more than 75% of the entire internet population being social media users, online businesses must ensure that they utilise all the social media platforms to improve engagement rates, lead generation and sales.
- 80% of the brands generate visual content to make their social media campaigns more engaging.
- Tweets with images and videos are retweeted 1.5 times more than the tweet that only contains texts.
- Blogs with images and infographics are shared twice more than those with lesser images.
- Around 9000 image posts are shared every second on Snapchat.
- Instagram handles around 500 million daily active users.
- 90% of the videos on Facebook are viewed with the sound being muted.
- More than 80% of Pinterest users surf using mobile devices.
- 90% of the videos posted on Facebook are user-generated content.
- 70% of marketers find Facebook and Instagram more productive. than other platforms.
- Facebook posts with images receive 2.3x times more engagement than without images.
- Pinterest’s active user base has grown by 111 percent and this reassures that people love visual content rather than irrelevant lines of textual posts.
VISUAL CONTENT & INFOGRAPHICS STATISTICS
The most effective visual content on the internet is ‘infographic’. Here are a few visual content statistics on infographic use:
- 64% of the B2B marketers depend on infographics to make their content get easily reached.
- Infographics are shared 3 times more than textual contents on all social media platforms.
- Using infographics in blogs can increase website traffic by 12%.
- Internet users tend to focus more on infographic content rather than reading textual content says Eye monitoring research.
- Google recorded more than 68,000 searches per month for the term ‘infographic’ or ‘infographics’ during 2013.
- Blogs with infographics get 178% more links when compared to normal blogs.
- More than 42% of the B2B marketers say that infographics perform better than any other visual content.
- Brands face a hike in 45% on Facebook if they promote their content with infographics.
- Tweets with infographics are considered to be more authentic and get 1.5x more retweets compared to normal text tweets.
- Post that includes infographics receives 650% higher engagement compared to text posts.
- Tweets with infographics receive 150% more retweets than tweets without any visual contents.
Let’s be very honest, will you read a 2000-word blog? or quickly read a highlighted infographic to gain the same information?
VISUAL CONTENT & VIDEO STATISTICS
Video content is now considered to be the king of online content. From short-form videos to webinars, small and big businesses are utilising video marketing effectively to reach out to their potential consumers. Here are a few visual content statistics that show why video content will boost your sales and revenue:
- 43% of the B2C marketers rely on video content to promote their products in social media platforms.
- Twitter handles around 13 million live streaming hours every single day and more brands utilise live streams for launching their products.
- Brands see an increase in click-through-rate by 65% by including videos or including the word ‘video’ in their email subject.
- More than 75% of internet users rely on YouTube to solve their technical and general problems daily.
- Facebook and Instagram Videos gain more than 15 billion views each day.
- More than 80% of the social media videos are viewed from smartphone devices and the viewing has been estimated to be 10 million minutes daily.
- More than 63% of the consumer prefer to watch video content from the business they follow rather than textual contents.
- 32% of the B2C brands say visual contents are the most important form of content that helps to drive sales and traffic.
- Cisco’s study tells that global internet traffic from videos will increase to 82% by the end of 2021.
- YouTube is currently the leading source of video content production with 83% of the total internet population depending on them.
- Video product reviews gain 4x times more engagement and reach compared to written review content.
The increase in the production of user-generated video content has made brands realise the importance of video content and marketing. Video contents can be used to launch your new products to improve engagement and much more.
Visual content has truly taken the digital marketing strategy with the advent of smartphones and other digital mediums. Consumers are constantly hit with advertisement from various platforms, the only way to protect your brand efficiently is by leveraging images, infographics and videos into your marketing strategy.
If you haven’t already started creating visual contents for your blogs and webpages, this might be the right time to begin.