26 Tips To Create A Strong Social Media Content Strategy
Social media has the power to boost your business traffic, sales and revenue. This article will guide you to create a workable social media content strategy quickly.
Social media has the power to boost your business traffic, sales and revenue. This can happen only with the help of effective social media content strategy. Knowing what to publish and when to publish are the two elements that can increase the visibility and reach of your content. This article will guide you to create a workable social media content strategy quickly.
1. STREAMLINE CONTENT WITH SOCIAL MEDIA METRICS AND GOALS
Make sure to create content that aligns with your company goals to create and develop a more attainable and feasible social media strategy.
Metrics to be taken care:
- If your goal is to generate traffic, your metric should be specific and unique to target your potential consumers
- If your goals are to generate interactions, your metric should be: Comments, replies and mentions
- If your goal is to create a loyal fan following, your metric should be: followers and subscribers on your social media platforms
- If your goal is to generate revenue, your metric should be: the amount that each lead generates in a social media ad
2. ENHANCE YOUR CONTENT STRATEGY WITH A BIG-BRAND MINDSET
Following the strategies and business approach of a big brand can help small brands to learn effective lessons.
Below are a few things that small businesses can adopt from big brands:
- Find where the potential consumers are present
- Create content that potential consumers will like
- Use social media to engage and listen to the potential audience
Starbucks has a huge following on Facebook. They always make it a point to let their audiences know about the latest offers via their official social media page. Through this they garner the maximum visibility.
3. FOCUS ON INCREASING DAILY UPDATES
Making your daily posts reach your potential consumers at the right time and place is an integral part of a social media content strategy.
Below are a few key tactics:
- Timing: Post between 11 am – 1 pm and 5 pm – 7 pm on Facebook and Instagram
- Frequency: Post at least 5 times a day on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Place: Optimize each content before posting on multiple social platforms
4.ANALYSE THE DATA FROM SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
Data from your in-built social media analytics can help a brand to know their performance and engagement rates with their potential consumers.
These data help to streamline your strategy to bring the best out of your social media posts by providing idea on what to post and when to post.
Below are a few benefits of social media analytics:
- Helps to understand the real-time market
- Identifies relevant contents and the ones that fail to work
- Helps to understand the interest of the potential audience
- Provides internal operational metrics
- Helps to provide competitor analysis
5.CAPTURE REAL INTERACTIONS
Daily interactions and engagement that a business creates on social media is a major element that drives your online visibility and sales.
Understanding your potential audience is the only way to create engaging content which can effectively bring in better results and traffic to your social media posts.
Use various social media tools to post your content at the right time to engage your potential audience with informative content.
6.ADAPT TO FACEBOOK’S CHANGES
Make sure to optimize your content on social media as they change, especially with Facebook. With more than 2.75 billion active daily users Facebook will surely have a larger population of your potential audience.
Below are a few measures to keep updated on Facebook changes:
- Follow Facebook’s official page for regular updates
- Follow your industry trending websites and blogs
- Set an alert for Facebook updates
- Study each post on All Facebook
- Follow social media experts and analysts
7.UTILISE GOOGLE ANALYTICS SOCIAL REPORTS
Google Analytics helps marketers to get more in-depth analysis and insights into social media posts to help build your brand.
Google’s Data Hub activity shows, how people are interacting and engaging with your content on social media platforms. It shows the most recent shared and liked content.
Also, Google’s Trackback shows the sites that are linked to your content. This can help to build relationships with the users who frequently link to your site
Hashtags help your content to reach your potential consumers quickly neglecting all the cluster of irrelevant content they see on their social media timelines.
Below are a few benefits of hashtags:
- They help to easily track a promotion campaign
- Tag board helps to filter industry-related hashtag to reach your potential consumers quickly
- Hashtags can initiate engagement and be used while polls, contests and campaigns
- Targeting becomes simple with hashtags
- They are so easy to add and use in your content
Infographics are visual elements that can boost the shelf life of a social media post and is the most likely form of visual content irrespective of audience.
Benefits of using infographics are:
- More attention-drawing
- Extremely shareable
- Increases engagement
- Helps to educate your audience
- Helps to establish your expertise
- Boosts sales and revenue
10.FREQUENT UPDATES AND POSTS
Having an active presence on social media is the first important thing to make your audience often remember your brand among the cluster of competition.
Make sure to create and curate relevant information to increase brand awareness and visibility to widen your audience reach and sales.
Don’t overload your social media page by dumping more posts. Engage with at least 5 posts a day to reach your potential audience at the right time.
The more the influential your posts are, the higher will be your score.
11.LOOK TO THE FUTURE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Social media is ever-evolving, adapting to those changes will make your business stand ahead of your competitors.
Take, for example, Twitter has brought secure sharing option in a tweet, that helps a consumer to securely share his email, phone number and address in a separate private message without having to fill forms.
Social media posts also provide various CTA options to help your potential consumers directly enter the purchase funnel.
12.MAKE YOUR BLOG MOBILE-FRIENDLY
Making your posts mobile friendly is one of the best things you can do to gain and maintain as much as traffic to sustain your business.
You need to make sure that:
- Your content is easily readable
- Loading time is a lot faster
- Navigation is as easy as possible
Build a separate mobile version of your website to increase responsiveness and mobile user- friendliness.
13.NETWORK IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES
Make sure to be present where your potential consumers are. Creating and posting contents in irrelevant social media platforms can be a waste of time.
More than 55% of the people are present in more than two social media platforms. So, optimize your content and differentiate the same post for each platform.
Your consumers may change from one social platform to another very quickly, finding where your potential consumers are, is the first research a brand should conduct before planning a social media content strategy.
14.OUTSOURCE CONTENT DEVELOPMENT
A study shows that it takes a small brand around 32 hours a month to effectively handle a single social media platform.
Keeping your business up-to-date with all the tasks and maintaining a daily social presence requires huge efforts and patience to take care of them efficiently.
Certain factors to ponder:
- Decide what your posts should achieve
- Don’t spam your social media page
- Make a posting schedule
- Utilise the expertise of a social media consultant
Don’t let the shortage of your resources hamper your online presence
More than 70% of the buying experience depends on how customers feel they’re being treated. Small and medium businesses should use social media effectively to build relationships showing their humane side too.
You can share behind the work scene for a product or services to showcase all the human effort that takes to meet their requirements.
Inject a sense of humour in all your social media posts to generate better interaction which gives your potential consumers a break from all the monotonous content they keep scrolling all-day.
16.ASK QUESTIONS OFTEN
Asking questions on your social media profile is a great way to engage and at the same time learn the needs, desires and requirements of your potential consumers.
Below are a few questions that can help your business:
- Ask about the lifestyle and interests of your fans
- Ask product reviews and analysis questions to generate conversions
- Use hashtag questions to reach your new potential consumers and gain what they like and want
Make sure to reply to all your consumers promptly without delay.
17.PROVIDE SIMILAR BRAND IDENTITY ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS
Use consistent colours, fonts, icon styles and logos to boost your brand uniqueness and focus to maintain them across all the social media platforms.
Keys to strong brand identity are:
- Scalable and flexible
- Easily identifiable
Make sure to take a look at all your pages often to notice any changes you need to make them align with your brand identity.
18.BOOST IN-PERSON EVENTS WITH SOCIAL MEDIA PROMOTION
Social media and in-person events co-exist in the digital realm and below are certain ways to promote your events:
- Encourage and engage your potential consumers to crowdsource feedback
- Post your event information on event listing sites
- Energise your target audience with blog posts, infographics, press releases, videos and much more
- Pick a specific hashtag for the event
- Ask attendees to vote and share about the event
- Live stream your event
- Share all the useful statistics and data collected for email Marketing
Combining events with social media platforms can provide huge opportunities for business to garner visibility and reach quickly.
19.INTERACT WITH YOUR TEAM OFTEN
Interaction with your team often can help to discuss what works and what isn’t. Analysing data and in-built analytics are secondary compared to team discussions.
Certain things to ponder while discussion:
- Updating your goals to current market situations
- Studying posts that generate high engagement rates
- Deciding a new content calendar
- Analysing performance of each post
- Understanding the likes and interests of new potential consumers
20.USE A CONVERSATIONAL TONE
Social media can be a great platform to understand what your potential consumers like to hear from your brand. Avoid stiff and very professional business writing while producing content for social media posts.
A conversational tone is mostly expected from your potential audience. A study shows more than 85% of the consumers click an ad on Facebook if it is in a conversational tone rather than the more professional ones.
Conversational tone can build authenticity
With a conversational tone, take your consumers into your brand world and make them experience comfort by speaking their language.
21.POST PERFECT IMAGES
With all the attention you receive on social media, a majority of them come from the images you post on your social media page. An attractive and quality image can boost your brand reputation drastically
Take help from visual search engines to find reference images for your social media posts. A few of them are:
While generating images, make sure to optimize for each platform. Each social media platform has its own image guidelines.
22.IMPROVE YOUR WRITING STYLE
Optimizing your content to adapt to new writing styles can attract a new generation of the audience into your business. Within your busy writing schedule, make sure to check into new updates and look into new writing tools that can enhance your content
List of software programs for content writers:
23.USE SITUATIONAL KEYWORDS
According to Google, a search on the keyword “tips” or “tip” generates 40,500,000 global monthly search volume.
Use relevant keyword terms such as tips to emphasis on the current situation like 2020, top 10 and much more.
People are always on a search for how-to and tips, irrespective of domain and job they are into. Produce hashtag and blog topics related to current scenario conditions.
24.YIELD TO YOUR CONSUMER’S JOURNEY
Understanding your consumers is the first step to grow your business. Streamline your goals according to their desires and needs.
Never produce a product or service of your taste and force your potential consumers to buy. Your business can face a huge loss by doing so.
Empathize with your consumers and understand how they discover, engage and act on information to learn their behaviours and buying pattern.
With all this information, create a practical digital marketing plan that optimizes to attract, engage and initiate conversion.
25.ZERO IN ON YOUR CONSUMER’S NEEDS AND INTERESTS
A social media content strategy becomes a success only when a brand creates content keeping the consumer’s interests and needs in front of their mind.
Conduct surveys on Facebook, engage ask questions session on Twitter and initiate polls on Instagram stories to understand the mindset of your potential audience.
Keeping all these data in mind, create your social media content strategy, posting schedule and remarketing strategies to directly gain traffic and sales.
26.START CREATING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT STRATEGY NOW
Irrespective of the size of your business, social media can help to outreach your potential consumers worldwide with border never being a barrier. This is the right platform to invest all your time and effort to boost your business and sales. With the right social media content strategy, any business can garner success. Utilise all the above tips to generate your social media content strategy now.
Contact Us for further assistance and queries.